Sunday, October 23, 2005

 

ROSHNI - bring light to the hearts of a few unfortunate

Here below, I am reproducing my October communication to the lion leaders of my Region.
Dear Lion Leaders,
I wish you and your family happy Dusserah.
We, Bengalees celebrate Sree Sree Durga Puja during Dusserah days. Like every year, we are celebrating the festival at Keys High Schools, Secunderabad from 10th to 12th October. It is an occasion for us to meet friends and for socializing. The religious ceremonies are mixed with cultural activities. I hope you have received my invitation. Please join us in the celebrations.
Now the administrative responsibilities for the month of October.
You have to submit your audited Balance sheet for the year 2004-05 before 31st October.
You have to publish your quarterly club bulletin. Please give the full information of your club activities in the Bulletin. Send a copy to the Dist. Governor.
Start your permanent projects immediately.
I thank you and compliment you for your involvement in making campaign ROSHNI – 50 (under which we are conducting eye check up camp and will distribute spectacles to the children of 50 Govt schools in and around Hyderabad) a great success. All the clubs of our region have taken up the program in right earnest
We have inaugurated the ROSHNI-50 program at Addagutta Govt.Upper Primary School on 1st October. District Governor Lion P. Suryanarayana, was the chief Guest. Lion S. Manohar Raju, multinational Co-ordinator for Sight First II, Lion B. R. Rao, convenor, World Sight Day celebration, were the guests of Honour. Lion Ramesh Kosuri, Cabinet Secretary, has graced the occasion. Most of the clubs were represented by their Presidents, Secretarys, Treasurers and other members. In their speeches all the dignitaries lauded our effort in celebrating Lions World Sight Day in such a befitting manner. Lions club of Secunderabad Millennium, under the dynamic leadership of Lion B. Muralidhar, organized the inauguration function. I thank all the fine members of LC Secunderabad Millennium and the PSTs for organizing the program. I also thank all the lion leaders of other clubs for their enthusiastic participation. It gives me immense happiness that we will be able to contribute in removing eyesight problems to so many poor students.
The idea of this program came to my mind from my experience of last year’s eye check up camp conducted at Cheryal village, some 120 kms from Hyderabad. Lion M. Ramanaia, President of LC Secunderabad Diamond conducted the eye check up camp for villagers there. Till today I cannot forget the smiles on the faces of the old villagers when we distributed spectacles to them. They were profuse in their show of gratitude to the extent of embarrassment for us.
I take this occasion to urge you to extend the ROSHNI program to a new activity.
Diwali is fast approaching. Diwali is the festival of lights. We, Bengalees celebrate Diwali by worshiping Goddess Kali, the destroyer of the evil. We are celebrating the Puja at Bowenpally Cantonment playground, at Hyderabad Kalibari, Sainikpuri. I extend my invitation to join us in the celebrations.
On Diwali Day, I have decided to spend a couple of hours along with my family with the inmates of old age home, distribute some sweets to them and fire some crackers with them. I invite all of you to join me. You also can make this a club level activity by spending an hour or two at old age home or orphanage with your club members. This small gesture will really bring light to the heart of the unfortunates. Let’s give ROSHNI a new meaning – bringing light to the hearts of inmates of old age homes and orphanages.
Wishing you and your family – Happy Diwali.
Lion Bikash Ch. Deb
Region Chairperson

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]