Friday, November 11, 2005

 

Life is becoming real busy

All India Lions Meet is really making my life miserable. This is the first time I am involved in organizing such a big event. It is a challenging job. I never understood the enormity of the task. Organizing an official event in professional level is a different matter than organizing an event for an organization like Lions Clubs. You just can’t introduce professionalism in a democratic system. The committee is meeting everyday but progress is slow. Almost a full one-hour meeting goes only to take a decision on formation of a flimsy committee. Today I was given a list of 48 lions to be motivated. A glance on the list brought shivers in my spine. I am more than sure that half of the names are useless. If I can motivate this motley group of people I can definitely claim for an entry in book of world records. Not only that, I need to bring some more names to make the tally to 75. I tried to put up my suggestions which only generated paternal acceptance – baccha try karke dekho kuchh hota hai keya.
The progress in my All India Lions Meet – update is also not something to boast about. Today I could only finish the layout part, whereas it was targeted to be sent for printing. But I liked the layout, and the Governor also was impressed. But till now I could only fill up two pages. I need to make another two pages by tomorrow.
Again this is going to be consecutive 3rd Sunday I will be fully busy in my Lions clubs activities. Morning we have the cabinet meeting, followed by review meeting on All India Lions Meet and then again followed by RC/ZC meeting. So there goes my one more weekend.
Next two days are not going to be any easy. I have to prepare presentations to be made in the meetings. Till now my zone chairpersons are not motivated. I need to work a lot to motivate them before Sunday.
Last night I attended my home club meeting, as usual a noisy one. But we could agree to build a bus shelter before the Dist. Governor’s official visit, which falls on 25th of this month. Today Lion Shakeela Reddy also called. We need to meet the Municipal commissioner and the Director of Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences regarding construction of Foot over bridge.
Today myself and R. V. Raju went to see a new site for our next project. But the location was not so attractive. This is one more area crying for my attention, we need to start our next project soon. This time we should do a project near hitek city, where the real estate value is really appreciating.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]