Saturday, November 05, 2005

 

New course of life

This is part of a speech of Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO;
‘Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.’

Surprisingly this very day, this is the second encounter I had with similar kind of answer to the question eating me out in recent past ‘How long should I continue to work on something I don’t really enjoy doing?’
And it is not a sudden feeling. Maybe I never enjoyed my work, but initially I must have started working because of youthfull josh, then I might have continued to do so due to habit. But since last 4/5 years I was spending more time in my social service activities. These activities were giving me some kind satisfaction, but it created strain in my relationship with my family and my business partners. Day by day I was not sure of the course of action I need to take.
But it is also not so easy to just change your course of life. After some years of your life you become specialized in some subject and virtually you become useless out of your subject.


Today I get a strong feeling that I need to heed my gut feeling and start a new course of life.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]