Saturday, December 03, 2005

 

Truth is beautiful

Long time back I composed a poem titled ‘Truth is beautiful’. I remember it was also published in some magazine. I lost the manuscript, I desperately tried to remember the name of the magazine. Looks like age is catching up, my memory is failing me badly. Today I remembered about the poem. Actually the title might have been a translation of ‘Satyam Shivam Sundaram’. In this world can we claim that the truth is beautiful? Certainly not. If I remember correctly it was written after 9/11 and subsequent invasion of Afghanistan, hence there must have been human suffering in it.

But today I got a different insight of this world. Just now I was watching the film ‘Dil Chahta Hai’. This might have been the 20th or 30th time I am watching this film. The main attraction of the film is its humor. I am not a film buff. I only watch comedies. But today watching it again it gave me a new insight of life. The character Siddharth, who is a young artist, falls in love with an elderly, lonely, deserted woman. Nobody understands his love. He almost looses his childhood friend over this misunderstanding, He hurts his widow mother, and he hurts his ladylove also in the process. His is a love of a silent admirer’s, no string attached with it. He was not even going to declare his love to the lady. I don’t know whether it could be called love or it can be termed as compassion for a disturbed, lonely person. But I found the beauty in his love because he loved only for himself, without expecting anything in return. He is not bothered about what the world thinks about it. His only concern is to give solace to the lady. He only wanted to see her happy. Love without any expectation. Love only to make your lover happy. How true! How Beautiful! Somehow I felt his love is the manifestation of ‘Satyam Shivam Sundaram’

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]