Saturday, March 25, 2006

 

Bombay Dreams

Just came back from Bombay – sorry Mumbai. Somehow I am not able to digest Mumbai, for me Bombay is much more romantic, may be I am nostalgic about Bombay.
I remember my first visit to the city; that might have been in the year 1981. We were a gang of 4 or 5 youths, just out of college. In the group I was the only outsider, rest were products of Bombay IIT. And it happens, were enjoying our newfound freedom of spending our own earned money. One evening after some beer drinking session in one of the joints near Gateway of India, we were walking down towards VT (Victoria Terminus – how romantic) station. There were lots of people sleeping on the pavements. Wandering, I asked, ‘why these people come all the way from various parts of the country, to sleep on the pavement?’ One of my friends replied, ‘all the people sleeping on the pavement have one difference from the rest, they have a dream, they have come here to make it big’. Dream - ‘Bombay Dream’ – it fascinated me so much that till today I can visualize that night very clearly. I am so nostalgic about ‘Bombay Dream’. For me, any dream, which takes you to another world is ‘Bombay Dream’

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]