Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Smell of RAin

Again to Bastar. I was busy in my work in a room at village Badlavand, some 30 kms from Jagdalpur. Suddenly my nostrils filled up with a peculiar smell, a mixture of eucalyptus oil and some others. I thought it might be smell of rain. I enjoy the smell of rain when it first hits the dry land. It takes me to my childhood where we really used to enjoy the raindrops. But this smell was something different but really pleasant. I peeped out of the window, and as expected it has started raining. The smell of rain is different here. The rain drops on the surrounding eucalyptus forest giving out the fragrance. I stood there for a long time taking long breaths inhaling all the freshness it carried. My locally procured assistant Shatrughan kept on looking at me. I am sure slowly he has started doubting my saneness.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]